Pages

As I consider whether or not to continue this blog, I'd love your feedback. (Check as many boxes as apply.)

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Does Your Baby Have Dry Skin or Eczema?


If you  have found your little one has eczema or dry skin; Aveeno is a wonderful way to treat this problem.  First off, our little girl does not have terribly sensitive skin.  We use regular detergent and dryer sheets that do not affect her one bit.  Still, we noticed the signs of dry skin and ezcema.  The more we played in water, the more her ezcema flared up.  I, her mother, also struggle with ezcema, so I am not just making light of extra dry skin.

Her pediatrician gave us a few samples of pretty exspensive shampoos and body washes, which I found, made her hair pretty greasy.  I gave in and splurged on Aveeno's original body wash and shampoo.  (I can't recall if our bottle is the same color as the picture above; just stick with original.)  Her hair stays soft, it treats the problem and it smells so good that both Dad and I also want to use her shampoo/body wash! 

We use it sparingly at bath time and it has lasted months.  Had I not left the bottle open and let more than half the body wash leak out over our summer vacation at the beach, I think we'd still have more than half a bottle around half a year of use (I'm referring to the large bottle).  All to say, it is a wise purchase budget wise (I think it is aroud $7 for the year for both shampoo and body wash) and I no longer see any signs of dry skin or ezcema.

Also note that Aveeno lotion is wonderful.  I have found I can only use certain washes and very few lotions on my own face.  After receiving Aveeno lotion as a gift for our daughter, I tried a little myself and have found it to be great for a facial lotion as well.

2 comments:

  1. Both of my boys have Eczema. Oatmeal baths (crushed oatmeal or Aveeno baby) and coconut oil are the only "soaps" and lotions we can use. Every kid is different. It's a journey to find what works.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to know! I have never heard of crushed oatmean baths, but that sounds like an adventure we'll have to try.

    I also like Aveeno baby lotion. I've found this lotion works best for my face; helps keep it from breaking out since it is made for sensitive skin.

    ReplyDelete