Pages

As I consider whether or not to continue this blog, I'd love your feedback. (Check as many boxes as apply.)

Thursday, July 26, 2012

Musings of a Little Boy...

Shared by:  Carolyn M.


I daily have funny encounters with my boys. For example, we've been teaching our older son to listen to God's voice, which also includes teaching him different ways God can speak to him. This morning he woke up and said, "God told me we should go to Sonic and get a slushy, and then after nap time we should play Chip and Dale (nintendo). God told me that plan." 

My only question for Carolyn, "Did you go to get slushies at Sonic?"  And, I only wish God told me that Sonic story daily!

Then, the other day he lined up all of his toys and said, "These are the Israelites and these are the Philistines. David took one step toward Goliath and shot him in the eye with his laser!"

Star Wars and David  & Goliath; does it get any better for a little boy?!

It's also interesting to see how he mixes Bible stories with other stories. To our little guy, right now, everything is "real." There are no pretend characters, like Mickey, and real people, like Jesus.  Everything is a story.  My husband and I are having to explaining how some stories are pretend and how others are about events that have really happened in the past.


Have you had any of these same experiences with your little one or do these stories trigger any memorable moments for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment